السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Hello and Ramadan Kareem fellow readers,
So I’m a huge fan of cooking channels on YouTube. I honestly can’t get enough of them.
One channel that I watch is ochikeron. She has a lot of great and easy recipes and I’ve tried a few of them. I just never posted it here, so I thought I’d change that.
Here’s the recipe:
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 16-18 cookies
100g (3.5oz. = approx. 1/2 cup) butter (softened)
50g (1.7oz. = approx. 5 tbsp.) sugar
* 130g (4.5oz. = approx. 1.3 cup) all-purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
50g (0.8oz. = approx. 1/4 cup) chocolate chips
1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg and mix well.
2. Sift dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix well again.
3. Drop 4 cookies (at a time) by teaspoon onto waxed paper on microwavable plate or tray.
4. Microwave at 500w for 3min (or less or more depending on the heat of your microwave). Repeat the steps 3 & 4 to complete the rest.
You can also bake them in an oven at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes.
Not that hard and like she said, it’s very easy. I tried this one out and it wasn’t too bad.
It doesn’t have the same feel as oven cookies, but that’s because you’re cooking this using a microwave. I added cocoa powder to mine and they did taste good.
One thing I had trouble with was knowing when it was done though. I kept thinking that it wasn’t done and letting it keep cooking, when I shouldn’t have done so.
Will I try this again, probably not. They’re good, but I enjoy the more traditional oven baked cookies. Thankfully, I still have enough cookie dough to pop these into the oven so I’m still happy. Also, if you haven’t done so, subscribed to ochikeron. I’ve been following her for awhile now (wow that sounds a bit stalkerish) and she truly has awesome recipes on her channel.